The Divorce Decisions Workbook
Today, management of our personal world requires increasing business knowledge. Perhaps nowhere is this more important than in the area of divorce - a highly private matter with, at the same time, profound economic implications.
THE DIVORCE DECISIONS WORKBOOK is the first book that looks at both sides of a divorce in a manner that makes the information readily understandable and the process manageable to the divorcing couple and their family members. By the same token, it will facilitate the work of attorneys, judges, court personnel, accountants, and therapists who are professionally involved in the divorce process.
SECTION I: UNDERSTANDING THE DIVORCE PROCESS
- The Feel of Divorce
- The Practical Divorce
- The Legal Divorce
- Implications of a Decision to Divorce
SECTION II: GETTING PERSONALLY ORGANIZED
- Describing the Players in Your Drama
- Recognizing Extenuating Circumstances
SECTION III: PULLING YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY TOGETHER
- Discussing Your Divorce
- Physiological Needs
- Need to Belong and Feel Loved
- Would Counseling Help?
- Becoming a Single-Parent Household
SECTION IV: FINANCIAL VALUE OF THE MARRIAGE
- Credit: Becoming a Separate Financial Entity
- Pulling Together the Documentation
- Current Financial Situation
SECTION V: LEARNING ABOUT DIVORCE LAW
- Going it Alone or with Professional Help
- The Legal Process and How it Works
- Dividing Property and other Assets
- Children: Custody and Child Support
- Payment "Account-Ability"
SECTION VI: "BIG PICTURE" PLANNING
- Your Personal Objectives
- Tax Facts in Divorce
- Choosing and Working with Your Professional Team
SECTION VII: GETTING YOUR LEGAL DECREE AND A SUCCESSFUL DIVORCE
- Negotiating What is Acceptable and Affordable
- Structuring the Separation Agreement
- Should You Settle or Go to Trial?
A DIVORCE CEREMONY